Clayton County Fire & Emergency Services leverages many different technologies to improve emergency response and care. In 2004 a position was created within the fire department for a Systems Analyst in order to meet the growing technological needs of the department. The CCFES Tech Services division has now grown to three positions to include a Statistical Analyst and the Healthcare Information Coordinator who oversees HIPAA compliance along with all other IT functions.
Some of the technologies implemented and leveraged by the Tech Services division include:
- Maintenance and upkeep of in-house hosted Records Management System which keeps records of all calls, inspections and other daily activities.
- Statistical Data collection & reporting to the state
- Computers & laptops for each fire station and responding units
- In-house video training system
- CAD Mobile Computer Terminals and automated Fire Station Alerting system
- EKG Wireless transmission devices