Because the position of Firefighter Trainee is one in which the public’s trust is high; the standards that have been set by the Clayton County Fire & Emergency Services for employment candidates are extremely high. Before completing an application please read the following application disqualifiers. Meeting one or more of these disqualifiers may prevent your application from moving forward in the selection process.
- Accumulation of more than five (5) points in the last two (2) years as applied in the Point Key listed below (see other side).
- Driving Under the influence of Alcohol or Drugs, as defined by O.C.G.A. 40-6-393.
- Homicide by Vehicle, as defined by O.C.G.A. 40-6-394.
- Serious Injury by Vehicle, as defined by O.C.G.A. 40-6-394.
- Fleeing or Attempting to Elude or Impersonating a Law Enforcement Officer, as defined by O.C.G.A. 40-6-395.
- Homicide or Serious Injury by Interference with Traffic Control Devices, as defined by O.C.G.A. 40-6-396.
- Aggressive Driving, as defined by O.C.G.A. 40-6-397.
- Racing on Highway or Streets, as defined by O.C.G.A. 40-6-186.
- Any driver’s license suspension in the last three (3) years.
- Any illegal drug use in the past twelve (12) months prior to the date of application and/or hire.
- Any sale of illegal drugs or action as a middle person in a drug transaction.
- Any repeated experimentation of illegal drugs, other than marijuana, within the past five (5) years.
- Any use of hallucinogens.
CRIMINAL CONVICTIONS OR ARRESTS
- Any felony conviction.
- Convicted of any crime of moral turpitude.
- Any family violence conviction.
- Any DUI conviction.
- Misdemeanor convictions, depending on their frequency, job-relatedness, seriousness and/or intervening personal background, indicate that the individual would be a poor risk as a firefighter due to a disregard for the law.
- Dishonorable or less than honorable discharge. General discharges will be judged on a case by case basis.
* Providing any false information on the application is an automatic disqualifier.*
POINT ACCUMULATION SYSTEM:
|Reckless Driving||4 points|
|Unlawful passing school bus||6 points|
|Improper passing on hill or curve||4 points|
|15 mph but less than 19 mph||2 points|
|19 mph but less than 24 mph||3 points|
|24 mph but less than 34 mph||4 points|
|34 mph or more||6 points|
|Disobedience of any traffic-control device or traffic officer||3 points|
|Possessing an open container of an alcoholic beverage while driving||2 points|
|Failure to adequately secure a load||2 points|
|All other moving violations||3 points|
|(Improper Backing, Striking Fixed Object etc.)|
|Preventable Accident||3 points|
|Aggressive driving||6 points|
|(A conviction of aggressive driving by a person under 21
years of age will result in a suspension of the driver’s license)
|HOV lane violation – 4th and subsequent offense||1 point|